Thanksgiving may have passed, but there are still more holiday festivities and gatherings that will be taking place over the next two months. If you’re tired of the typical holiday food you see on the table, try this interesting, boozy recipe that will have all your friends grabbing for. These are the perfect holiday treats and also an easy, no-bake dessert to make. Since this is a very versatile recipe, feel free to have fun with it. You can switch the recipe around by using different types of cookies of your choice such as Nilla wafers, ginger snaps, Oreos, or even brownies. The same goes for your choice of poison, although the dessert’s name says rum, you can choose to put in tequila, whiskey, or even bourbon.
RUM BALLS RECIPE
– Dark Chocolate Chips (1 cup)
– Powdered Sugar (1/2 cup)
– Corn Syrup (2 tbsp.)
– Rum (1/2 cup)
– Kosher Salt (1/2 tsp.)
– Crushed cookies of your choice (3 cups)
– Crushed Walnuts (1 cup)
– Cocoa Powder (1/4 cup)
– Melt the chocolate in a bowl by microwave or over boiling water.
– To make the dough, sift the powdered sugar over the melted chocolate. Add the salt, corn syrup, and rum. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and mix well.
– Add walnuts and crushed cookies until texture becomes crumbly.
– Cover mixture in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
– Place cocoa powder and extra powdered sugar in separate bowls and roll the mixture into small 1-inch balls. Coat them in either the powdered sugar or cocoa powder.
– Serve and enjoy!
(All photos by me unless otherwise noted)